- Umzolozolo Safari Lodge is situated in the heart of the Kwa Zulu Natal Midlands only 4 hours from Johannesburg, 2½ hours from Durban or 40 minutes from the Drakensberg, just off the main N3 freeway!
- A Luxurious Private Safari Lodge, where every effort is made to make sure your stay is a memorable occasion.
- Situated in a Malaria Free, Big Five Game Reserve!
- Big FiveYes
- Off RoadNo
- Camp FencedNo
- Child PolicyAll ages welcome
- PoolRim Flow Pool At Main Area
- SPAIn-room Massages
- Cellphone SignalYes
- Malaria AreaNo
- Back-up PowerGenerator
LocationNambiti Game Reserve, Ladysmith KwaZulu-Natal Midlands
2.5 Hours drive from Durban to the Woodlands Gate on Nambiti Game Reserve. 4 hours drive from Johannesburg to the Woodlands Gate on Nambiti Game Reserve. 40 minutes drive from Central Drakensburg to the Woodlands Gate on Nambiti Game Reserve.
4 Luxury Chalets
4 Luxury Suites
1 Presidential Suite
Rates & Special Offers
Deals By Date
- All rates are subject to availability.
- Proof of SADC residency may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge.
- Surcharges may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends.
- Unless otherwise stated, all rates listed are based on a minimum 2 night stay. Surcharges may apply for a 1 night booking.
- Rates quoted are only applicable to South African Residents. Discounted special rates for International Residents are available on request.
- Nambiti Conservation Levy of R 200 per person per night will be payable at the lodge on the day of departure. Subject to change.
- There will be a supplement of 50% on the per person sharing rate for single accommodation.
- Children of all ages are welcome at Umzolozolo Safari Lodge.
- Children can only be accommodated in a Luxury Chalet.
- Children up to 3 years will stay free of charge.
- Please contact your BushBreaks & More consultant for the child rates for children aged between 4 & 12 years.
- Children 13 years and older are charged the full adult rates.
- A separate children’s menu will be available at the lodge, however should the guests wish for their child to eat from the adults menu, there will be an extra charge.
- Children from 4 years and older are permitted on game drives at the discretion of the Game Ranger & Lodge Manager.
- Children must be under adult supervision at all times.
About Umzolozolo Safari Lodge
Umzolozolo Private Safari Lodge Is an exclusive camp which graces a hillside summit above a river valley offering magnificent views across the African bushveld. This Up market lodge is ideal for small groups of up to ten. Umzolozolo also offers total privacy and exclusivity for an unequalled Honeymoon experience.
Umzolozolo Lodge has 3 two-bedded freestanding units and one two-bed roomed unit, each privately situated within the African bushveld. The thatched roof and stone walled units have been exquisitely decorated and offers panoramic views over the Nambiti Private Game Reserve and surrounding mountains from the veranda, bedroom and bathroom. The luxuriously rustic en-suite bathrooms offer picture windows and outdoor showers ensuring your personal experience with nature.
Listen to bush tales around a roaring bonfire and enjoy true African hospitality, excellent outdoor entertainment, enclosed boma , outdoor dining with great service, lounge with fireplace and bar and a swimming pool with stunning views of the African bushveld.
About Nambiti Game Reserve
Nambiti Private Game Reserve is a private Big Five and Wonderful Seven bush retreat and game conservancy set on 20,000 acres of malaria-free bushveld in KwaZulu Natal. It has an incredible biodiversity including savannah, grasslands, thornveld and tall acacia trees. The Sundays River flows through the reserve and has two 40-metre waterfalls with magnificent ravine bush, home to several rare bird species The Nambiti Private Game Reserve has three times the carrying capacity of regions like Botswana and is the only reserve in the region with the big five. We currently have over thirty other species of game including giraffe, hippo, hyena, impala, springbok, and zebra. Encounter one of these magnificent animals only 4 hours from Johannesburg and 2½ hours from Durban. The spirit of Africa will fill your soul and the experience will stay with you forever. The roar of lions and the ambience of a traditional boma will make you want to return, year after year.
The Nambiti Private Game Reserve is situated 25 km’s east of Ladysmith and is only 4 hours from Johannesburg, 2½ hours from Durban and 40 minutes from the Drakensberg
FROM JOHANNESBURG (± 3½ HOURS DRIVE)
- Head for Ladysmith on the N3. Once you have entered KwaZulu Natal via Van Reenen, look out for the Ladysmith Toll off-ramp (at the bottom of Van Reenen’s Pass.)
- Turn left and drive toward Ladysmith on the R103. When you arrive in Ladysmith, drive straight through, following the N11 Road to Newcastle.
- From the last traffic lights leaving Ladysmith travel for ± 7kms. Turn Right onto the D45 Road at the brown Nambiti sign. Follow for ± 10kms, at the T-Junction turn right, travel along side the Game fence for ± 2kms until you reach the thatched gate house on the left hand side.
- You will be welcomed by the guard, who will direct you to the parking area, where your ranger will be waiting to transport you to Umzolozolo Lodge.
FROM DURBAN, N2/N3 INTERCHANGE (± 2½ hours drive)
- Head towards Johannesburg for ± 200km on the main N3 Toll Road.
- Take the Colenso / Bergville Off Ramp, it is about 8km after the Shell Ultra City.
- Turn right over the freeway and take the R103 towards Colenso.
- After ± 20km after Colenso turnoff, take the right turn to Ezakheni (opposite the Farm Stall).
- Travel for 11 km. You will cross a railway bridge and then reach a 4 way stop.
- Turn left and travel for 10 km to the T Junction, turn right towards Ezakheni and continue for 14 km.
- Turn left onto the D46 (dirt road) to Elandslaagte.
- Travel for 7km until you reach the thatched gate house on your right hand side. You will be welcomed by the guard, who will direct you to the parking area, where your ranger will be waiting to transport you to Umzolozolo Lodge.