- Get the opportunity to volunteer and work with wildlife while living on a 240 000-acre Big-Five and Malaria Free private game reserve in South Africa’s Kalahari Desert
- The project offers a true perspective of the problems facing African Wildlife, and allows guests to give something back to wildlife conservation efforts.
- Break free from tourists and time limits as you follow animals off-road in their natural habitat for this once in a lifetime conservation experience!
- Largest private Big Five Game Reserve in South Africa
- Closed to general public – Explore the Kalahari’s natural wilderness away from tourists.
- Incredible stargazing and wildlife photographic opportunities
- Some of the best opportunities to witness the iconic black maned Lions, Cheetahs, Wild Dogs, Black Rhinos and Brown Hyenas throughout Africa
- Witness the Kalahari’s incredible nocturnal wildlife (Brown Hyena, Bat-eared and Cape Foxes, Aardvark, Aardwolf, Pangolin, etc.)
- Enjoy unparalleled silence and immense freedom in this untouched piece of African wilderness
- Big FiveYes
- Off RoadYes
- Camp FencedYes
- Child PolicyOnly children 12 years and older allowed
- Cellphone SignalYes
- Malaria AreaNo
- WI-FI FriendlyYes
LocationEastern Kalahari Bushveld, North West Province, South Africa
6.5 hours drive from O.R Tambo International Airport, Johannesburg
Approximately 50km from Botswana Border Post
Approximately 150km from Molopo Nature Reserve
Approximately 200km from Mabuasehube and Kgalagadi Transfrontier Parknn- Road Transfers from/to OR Tambo Airport can be arranged at an additional cost. Please contact us if you would like assistance in booking road transfers for you.nnGuests can charter a flight should they wish to as access to an airstrip is available.
4 x Two sleeper guest tents
Rates & Special Offers
Deals By Date
Catering is available at an additional R 575 per person per night.
- All rates are subject to availability.
- Proof of SADC residency may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge.
- Surcharges and a minimum 3 night stay may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends.
- Unless otherwise stated, all rates listed are based on a minimum 2 night stay. Surcharges may apply for a 1 night booking.
- Rates quoted are only applicable to South African Residents. Special discounted rates for International Residents are available on request
- Children 12 years and older will share with a parent or in their own tent & pay the normal adult sharing rate (max 2 guests per tent)
About Working with WILDLIFE
Get the opportunity to volunteer with wildlife and enjoy living on a 240 000-acre Big-5 and Malaria Free private game reserve in South Africa’s Kalahari Desert. The project offers a true perspective of the problems facing African Wildlife, and allows guests to give something back to the continent’s conservation efforts. Break free from tourists and time limits as you follow animals in their natural habitat in this once in a lifetime conservation experience!
Any land given back to nature should always be viewed as a significant win for conservation efforts
Guests are accommodated in a tented lodge which offers incredible game viewing and sensational star-gazing opportunities to all who visit! There are four two-sleeper tents each with an en-suite bathroom (rooms are shared between guests). There is a kitchen and dining tent, a shaded outdoor section for guests to relax, and a boma for outdoor dining. There is electricity and hot water at the lodge, and safe drinking water is available. Three home cooked meals are supplied daily.
WORKING WITH WILDLIFE ACTIVITIES
– This may require following predators late at night when they are most active.
- Two Single Beds/One Queen Bed
- Electricity (Multiple Plug Points)
- Electric Standing Fan
- En-Suite Bathroom
- Laundry Facilities
- Running water (Hot and Cold)
- Kitchen Facilities
- Dining Area
- Small shop stocking the essentials (toothbrushes, shampoos, travel adapters, etc.)
- Cell phone signal
About Kalahari Conservation Reserve
ABOUT THE RESERVE / LOCATION
Working with Wildlife are proud to be the reserve’s exclusive partner in offering such conservation experiences.
- Travel Insurance is mandatory due to the remoteness of the lodge
- Always wear shoes and use a torch at night
- Bring comfortable clothes and a hat – Temperatures can vary significantly between day and night (Kalahari is often a place of extremes)
- Sunscreen and water bottles are essential (Water filling station is available)
- Photographic equipment and binoculars are recommended
- Predator Research
- Camera Traps
- Game Counts
- Vegetation Management and Surveys
- Reserve Work
- Special Events (occasional)
- Guests are met in Tosca (North West, South Africa) and escorted to the lodge.
- A vehicle with high ground clearance is recommended to reach the reserve from Tosca as this is a dirt road.
- Safe parking is available at the lodge.
- Should guests not have a high vehicle, parking can be arranged in Tosca and we will escort guests to the lodge.
- Transfers can also be arranged from OR Tambo International Airport, Johannesburg OR Vryburg to the lodge at an additional cost – please contact us for a quote.