- Great option for a quick bush getaway close to Johannesburg, approx. 200 kms north of Johannesburg in the Limpopo Province.
- Perfect small conference location and private bush function venue.
- Zwahili Private Game Lodge & Spa only accommodates 20 guests, thereby ensuring a personal and tranquil experience further enhanced by excellent cuisine.
- Big FiveNo (Lion are in a separate enclosure)
- Off RoadNo
- Camp FencedNo
- Child PolicyChildren of all ages are welcome (applicable to certain room types)
- SPAFull Spa
- AirconFans Only
- Cellphone SignalYes
- Malaria AreaNo
LocationWaterberg Region, Limpopo
200 km north of Johannesburg. (approx. 2 hours drive from Johannesburg)
36 km East of Modimolle at the foot of the Waterberg Region.
3 Luxury en-suite Rooms in the Main Lodge
Rhino Standard Room (Queen size Suite) / Cheetah Room (Queen size Suite) & Elephant Room (King size Suite)
4 Elegant Safari Suites
2 Executive Suites
1 Royal African Presidential Suite
Note there is a significant range in the standard of these suites.
Rates & Special Offers
Deals By Date
ZWAHILI PRIVATE GAME LODGE & SPA IS NOT LOCATED WITHIN A BIG 5 GAME RESERVE.
THE RESERVE IS ENRICHED WITH GENERAL WILDLIFE AND LIONS ARE KEPT IN A SEPARATE ENCLOSURE WITHIN THE RESERVE.
- All rates are subject to availability.
- Proof of SADC residency may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge.
- Surcharges and a minimum stay may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends.
- Unless otherwise stated, all rates listed are based on a minimum 2 night stay. Surcharges may apply for a 1 night booking.
- Rates quoted are only applicable to South African Residents. Discounted special rates for International Residents are available on request.
- Please request a single supplement from your BushBreaks consultant.
- Children of all ages are welcome – (applicable to certain room types)
- Children under 12 years can be accommodated with adults in all rooms except Main lodge rooms. Child rates are available on request.
- Children under 2 years stay for free, but need to bring own camping cot.
- Child rates apply for children between the ages of 2 – 12 years, sharing with 2 full paying adults. Please request rate from your BushBreaks consultant.
- Children occupying their own room will be charged the applicable adult rate.
- Children 12 years and older are considered adult and have to stay in their own room.
- Children under 6 years are not allowed in the restaurant during dinner.
- In room dining arrangements can be made at a service fee of R250 per sitting, subject to change.
- Baby sitting services are provided @ R120 per hour, subject to change.
- The above rates are subject to change and the services are to be prearranged with the lodge direct.
- Children 6 – 12 years are permitted on the scheduled game drives.
- Children under 6 years are not allowed on the scheduled game drives. Private game drives can be requested @ R800 per drive, subject to change.
About Zwahili Private Game Lodge
With in our portfolio of luxury bush lodges close to Johannesburg, Zwahili Game Lodge embraces a true African experience in comfort, style and luxury. Experience spectacular sunsets from an extended timber deck. Zwahili accommodates a maximum of 20 guests, thereby ensuring a personal and tranquil experience further enhanced by excellent cuisine.
Game drives conducted by experienced rangers, guided bush walks and excursion, as well as bird watching of over 400 species. Experienced guides conduct day and night game viewing in open safari vehicles. Mammals ranging from the larger and most majestic kudu to the smallest golden mole are present in the reserve.
Predators include, Lion (in a separate enclosure) which have recently been re-introduced onto the Springbok Flats, for the first time in 80 years, in a bid to conserve the species. Other predators present on the reserve, however rarely ‘spotted’ include leopard, caracal, brown hyena, several varieties of felids, including serval and the African Wild cat.
At Zwahili you can also enjoy guided bush walks and excursions ascending “Witkop” for afternoon sundowners and African sunsets.
Main Lodge Rooms – consist of 3 luxury en-suite rooms. The Rhino Room is a standard queen size suite, with en-suite shower and a private balcony. The Cheetah Room is a queen size suite, furnished in true African style, complemented with balcony with a breath-taking view of the bush. As a nightcap enjoy evening viewing of the game from your private balcony overlooking the waterhole. The Elephant Room is a spacious king size suite with private balcony and “His & Hers” en-suite bathrooms, one containing a bath and another with shower.
Safari Suites – Within walking distance of the main lodge are the tented camps. Lantern lit paths lead to Kifu (desire), Matumba (magic potion), Rafiki (friend), Madiba (old man), Safiri (journey) & Utambo (space), finding easy residence within Acacia-thorn and Bushveld. The interior appointments draw inspiration from the colonial ethos, with only the wildlife as witness of the invigorating outside shower for two. Joined by the glaze African sky, these king size units redefine the concept of solitude. Here, after an exhilarating day in the African bush you can journey into dreams.
Executive suites – Namely Rafiki and Madiba newly built in November 2014 offering luxury comfort. Each king size suite has an open plan lounge area with a flat screen TV, satellite service & mini bar leading to a private deck with a plunge pool and uninterrupted views. The luxurious en-suite bathroom with ball and claw bath, his and hers basins, separate toilet & spacious indoor and outdoor shower.
Royal African Suite – the presidential suite is the epitome of regal opulence and grandeur. Immerse yourself in the gentle sounds of nature with a breath-taking view of the African Bush. Personalised service and absolute privacy. The suite contains a lounge with satellite television, fireplace, en-suite bathroom with shower, ball & claw bath, his & hers basins, separate WC & bidet and outside shower for two. Private viewing deck with plunge pool. While sipping an ice cold Chardonnay, experiencing the most spectacular sunsets, you’ll find unsurpassed peace and tranquillity while in the distance nocturnal life comes alive.
ABOUT THE WATERBERG REGION
This exclusive private game lodge is situated 2 hours north of Johannesburg in a malaria free area at the foot of the Waterberg in the bushveld region of the Limpopo Province.
The area has a rich history where rock paintings are still visible on the walls of caves, showing past inhabitance of Hunter Gatherer, Koi and Bantu paintings. Bead making sites, a rain controlling site and remains of a bantu city have been discovered. “Witkop” an archaeological site, going back in time to when the “bittereinders” , at the helm of Boer Generals, utilized this Koppie as a hideout from the British for almost two years during the Anglo Boer War. “Witkop” stands proud in bearing homage to a period in history not to be forgotten.
This area is a haven for avid birders with over 400 species of African Birds including rare sightings such as lizard buzzard and brown snake eagle.
PLEASE NOTE: ZWAHILI PRIVATE GAME LODGE & SPA IS NOT LOCATED WITHIN A BIG 5 GAME RESERVE. THE RESERVE IS ENRICHED WITH GENERAL WILDLIFE AND LION HOSTED IN A PRIVATE ENCLOSURE WITHIN THE RESERVE.
- Bird watching
- Guided walks
- Historical / Archaeological site
- Optional night drives
- Romantic bushveld picnics
- Silhouette shooting
- Follow N1 North towards Polokwane
- Take the left lane at the Kranskop toll gate, exit the freeway
- Turn right onto the R33 towards Marble Hall
- Travel for 27km, turn left at the Zwahili directional board
- Travel for 2km, turn right at the Zwahili directional board
- Press the button on your right to enter through the automated swing gate
- Travel another 1km to Zwahili’s main entrance gate
- Enter the access code (received on confirmation of your reservation)
- Follow the Lodge directional boards, at the speed limit of 40km you will reach the lodge in approximately 15mins