- Set within the Greater Pilanesberg Region and a short drive from Johannesburg and Pretoria, you will still find yourself in the heart of the bush as Finfoot is a place of plenty when it comes to activities – bring your bike, go for a paddle, canoeing on the lake, try a bush walk or game drive, delight in a sunset barge cruise, or how about taking on the Segway Safari if you’re up for a bit of fun?
- With 8km of pristine water frontage on our 3500 hectare reserve, we are uniquely situated to offer unforgettable experiences.
- Enjoy abundant general wildlife and extraordinary bird watching, with over 400 species at Finfoot.
- Located within an hours drive from Pilanesberg National Park and Sun City Resort & Entertainment Centre
- Big FiveNo
- Child PolicyChildren of all ages welcome
- Pool2 Outdoor Pools
- Cellphone SignalYes
- Malaria AreaNo
LocationPilanesberg Region in the North-West
2.5 to 3 hour drive from Johannesburg
45 Minutes from the Pilanesberg National Park / Sun City
18 x Chalets
8 x Bush Chalets (1 x wheelchair friendly)
1 x Luxury Safari Tent (Self-Catering)
Rates & Special Offers
Deals By Date
- All rates are subject to availability.
- Proof of SADC residency may be required at the time of booking or upon check-in at the lodge.
- Surcharges and block out dates may apply on rates over peak holiday periods and long weekends.
- Public Holidays, during a midweek period, are considered as a weekend and the applicable weekend rate will be charged.
- Unless otherwise stated, all rates listed are based on a minimum 2 night stay. Surcharges may apply for a 1 night booking.
- Rates quoted are only applicable to South African Residents. Discounted special rates for International Residents are available on request.
- There will be a supplement on the per person sharing rate for single accommodation. Please contact your BushBreaks & More consultant for a quote.
- Children of all ages are welcome.
- Rates for children sharing with adults are subject to room type options which accommodate children and are available on request.
About Finfoot Lake Reserve
Finfoot Lake Reserve is the perfect weekend break or week-long holiday. It is a perfect slice of peace & quiet which is within easy reach for travellers seeking to escape the urban jungle.
The lodge is naturally crafted from wood & thatch which compliments the surrounding woodlands & foliage. The accommodation comprises of chalets, a self-catering villa located close to the Vaalkop Dam & a luxury safari tent making Finfoot the perfect location for families & groups of friends wanting to celebrate a special occasion.
The main hub of the Finfoot Lake Reserve is the large thatched Lapa equipped with the camp’s bar & cosy lounge area where most meals are served. Guests can descend just a few steps out onto the sun deck where there is plenty of seating to just sit back & soak up the view. This is also where the pool is situated, and it is a popular spot for guests to put up their feet with a cocktail or two.
There are eight air-conditioned Bush Chalets at Finfoot Lake Reserve which can accommodate up to two adults and two kids on a sleeper couch. Each unit comes with an en-suite bathroom with a shower and bathtub. Guests can also enjoy the simplicity of the bush by stepping out onto your own private verandah area.
Finfoot Lake Reserve offers eighteen chalets which can accommodate two guests in a king-size bed or twin beds can be made up upon request. The décor has a stylish yet comfortable setting which are complimented with natural wooden furniture and earthy tones. Each chalet comes with an en-suite bathroom with a shower. Air-conditioning provides hot or cold air, while the outdoor sitting area offers views over the surrounding bush.
Self-catering luxury villa
The self-catering luxury villa is situated only 200 meters from the banks of the Vaalkop Dam. It is spacious, with a large open plan kitchen, lounge & dining room area which opens up onto a wooden wrap around deck which has a medium size pool and braai area. Above the lounge area there is a loft with a timber deck overlooking the dam.
This Villa can accommodate eight to ten people very comfortably – eight adults and two children. There are four bedrooms all together. Each bedroom boasts a wardrobe, dresser table, small lounge area and either a king size bed or two single beds. The two main bedrooms boast their own en-suite bathrooms with double basins and a bath.
There are another two bathrooms, as well as an additional guest toilet and the option of truly being one with nature by trying out the outdoor shower.
The Luxury Safari Tent
This luxury safari tent is located a just a stone’s throw away from the Vaalkop Dam and is surrounded by natural bushveld providing guests with supreme privacy. It is the perfect space to experience the wonderful cheer of birdsong all around you. There is plenty of room as this tent offers two bedrooms with a beautifully appointed lounge area boasting a sleeper couch, two bathrooms & a timber viewing deck. The rooms also offer an authentic outdoor shower and the viewing deck features a medium size pool along with a private boma braai area. This tent also accommodates a maximum of six guests (four adults & two children under 12) which is why it is perfect for families.
- Sleeper couches in Villas only, max 2 children under 12 years
- Mini Bar Fridge
- Single or King size beds
- Linen / Towels
- Soap, Shampoo, Lotion, Vanity Kit
- Daily Maid Service
- Block out Curtaining
- Dresser Table / Mirror
- Coffee Station
- Seating area
- Air conditioners
- Ceiling Fans
- Segways game safari
- Bird Watching
- Barge Cruises
- Canoe Trips
- Game Drives
- Guided Bush Walks
- Mountain Biking
- Clay Shooting
- Archery Non-Hunting (Coming Soon)
- Game Room
- Minute to win it
- Laser Games
- Casino Games
- Cocktail Challenge
- Potjiekos Competitions
- Creative Thinking
- Fire Walk
- Amazing Race
- Survival of the fittest
- Fear Factor
- Bridge Building
- Murder Dinner & Casino
- Murder Mystery Dinner
- Interactive Drumming
- Creative Building
- Travel on the N4 west towards Rustenburg. Take the Sun City off ramp and turn right towards Sun City.
- Travel for 47km through three 4-way stops (2.7km, 23.5km and 15.7km respectively). 7.8km after the third 4-way stop, turn right at Finfoot sign (Brown road sign FINFOOT LAKE RESERVE 500M)
- Travel for 3km and turn right (Brown road sign FINFOOT LAKE RESERVE).
- Travel for 14km on gravel road (white road signs FINFOOT LAKE RESERVE 14km and 6km). Low suspension vehicle not recommended.
- Turn right and arrive at gate (White sign FINFOOT LAKE RESERVE)
- Please contact Reception on 060 605 5878 to open the gate.
- Follow the Finfoot signs on the sand road until you reach the lodge (7.7km).
Rooms Found, Nights, 2 Adults